Our vision is centred on the creation of an outstanding school that will improve life opportunities for all pupils.
We want each pupil to feel affectionate about their school and as an adult to look back fondly on their education. We want each pupil to leave the Swanage School enabled to progress to further and higher education and the career of their choice.
The lives of children in Swanage will be different once the school has opened. They will be able to walk or cycle to a school that will provide an excellent education while fully engaging them in the community where they live. The pupils and their parents will be inspired by a local school with a global outlook. A typical week at the Swanage School will engage all pupils in the core national, local, extended and community curriculum.
The Swanage School Charter
The Swanage School will be a ‘human scale’ school with an innovative, intellectually challenging curriculum where:
- Excellence is central to teaching and learning
- It is a pleasure to teach and learn
- Every student’s needs are understood and catered for
- Students are known and treated as individuals
- Students are encouraged to take responsibility
- All aspects of development are encouraged: Intellectual, Physical, Creative, Emotional, Moral, and Spiritual
- All students engage in The Swanage School Challenge curriculum extension programme
- Students’ positive experiences of school extend into their adult lives
- Behaviour is characterised by respect for others and the environment
- Staff are supported through continuing professional development
- Parents and local residents are welcomed as partners in learning
- Horizons and global awareness are broadened through national and international partnerships
- Ensure every student in our learning community fully realises their potential
- Engage the whole of Swanage as a learning community in raising aspirations and achievement
- Involve employers and businesses as our partners in education, skills and training
- Enable the Swanage community to enjoy a wide range of learning opportunities in a state-of-the-art environment
- Establish a strong team with the expertise and vision required to deliver excellence in learning
- Ensure our new school becomes a focal point for the skills, abilities and talents of learners of all ages
- Make the Swanage School accountable as an asset of the local community
- Provide a local school under local management, serving every family in Swanage
- Play a key part in securing Swanage’s viability and economic and social mix
- Develop a local learning plan to meet the needs of this generation and the next
- Have an important role in sustaining and strengthening the local economy
Join Our Mailing List!
If you would like us to keep you informed about our progress towards a new secondary school for Swanage, click on the link below:
Find us on FacebookKeep in touch with us on Facebook - Like our Facebook Page and keep up to date with the latest news and developments.
Any Questions?Drop us a line at email@example.com
and we'll try to answer any questions you may have!